Friday, June 14, 2013

Violation

To say my faith in human ilk has waned
would be an understatement rather large
for even in my own heart hate has reigned
remaking me into its vengeful charge,
but yesterday my place was almost robbed
by someone I had never even seen
and after he was caught he screamed and sobbed
while I made sure my underpants were clean.
This incident has caused me to rethink
my current policy regarding trust
it's changed from some to none in but a blink,
a constant vigil truly is a must
and all we really lost was just a door,
along with dying hopes that we'd be more.

4 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wow. This is thought-provoking on so many levels. I admire the self-reflection this event inspired and especially love your closing line.

Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

Bob,

What a horrible incident which will of course cause you to reflect upon your attitude to fellow humans. It is quite normal to question the trust one has previously placed with goodwill...I hope and pray that this experience will not be repeated.

Take care,
Eileen:)

rch said...

The police station is a block away and he was caught within a minute, what a dumbass, scary nonetheless. Thanks my friends, i'm sorry haven't been by the pantry but haven't had a lot of time to comment so didn't want to post unless I could reciprocate.

Donna Smith said...

Been there. It does change your internals - and your externals. I was going to write more, but that about sums it up.