Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Intro

Hello,

How is everyone today? Hope all is well. I read a quote recently by one of my favorite poets - Robert Frost - which simply said "Freedom is being bold." Unfortunately my mind is strange and sometimes it gets stuck in repeat mode when something strikes a chord, which this quote did.

So I've been pondering what it is that I can do to be bold (as I could use some freedom) and decided it would be to share a long story/poem I completed this year after almost 3 years of pecking away. Normally I would sit on this until I had a chance to find an interested publisher, but a recent string of rejection letters has convinced me that this is the way to go. If any publishers read it and like it, my email is in my profile.

Typically when writing a longer work, I prefer to break the story into sections with different rhythms and rhyme schemes to avoid monotony, but with this one I kept it the same structure for 50 verses, is it too much? I don't know, you tell me. if nothing else I at least proved to myself that I could do it. I will post it in ten posts of five verses each so people can take their time reading it - Enjoy!

No comments: