Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Possible Scam Alert

I received a strange but official sounding email the other day, the body of which is right here:

During the month of July, the International Blogging Recognition Council (IBRC) had the pleasure of reviewing your blog Average Poet. Your blog was referred to IBRC through our Refer-A-Blog program. "Tailoring" was the topic that the Council reviewed. Based on the review, the Council has recommended that your blog receive IBRC’s designation of “Recognized Blog”. IBRC reserves this honor to those blogs that effectively connects with the audience and promotes the sharing of ideas and experiences.

We invite you to visit our website at
www.ibrcblog.org to learn more about IBRC and our “Recognized Blog” award. Congratulations on your accomplishment.

Sarah L. Tolten
Review Committee Chair
International Blogging Recognition Council



I never heard of the IBRC but was excited until I checked their site and realized they were asking for $45.00 to receive this recognition. I didn't bite and since then have found this article which raises many questions. I sent an alert to Rob at PU but have received no reply so just letting the few that read this blog know, be careful.

3 comments:

Carrie Van Horn said...

That is a shame that there has to be scams with everything...I am so glad that you shared this info...it will probably help someone not get duped! :-)

rch said...

Yes I wish it was true.

Dimple said...

Oh my my!
Really too much!
Btw, thanks for sharing this info...