Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Downtime

Hi everybody, hope your summer is going well. I am enjoying my first full week of vacation since the year 2000, if you can believe that. I've been doing things around the house, riding my bike, reading, and above all - RESTING!

Well as my friend Shirley noted in her comment, the poem below was inspired at a very specific place, and while it could be seen as a figurative place, it is an actual physical place that I love to visit as well.

So I started to think about all the poems inspired by my walks there and found this little one (which was also published in the Taj Mahal Review), and this one as well. It is a magnificent hilltop overlooking the sprawling Mohawk River Valley, just awe inspiring.

But I also remembered all the things I've thought of while riding my bike like this, or this, or this, or this, or this, or this, or even this and figured I'd leave some links to read through as I'm going camping for a few days. Take care!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob, I'd say you're certainly due for a vacation. Thanks for the walk down memory lane and don't get lost in the woods! ENJOY!

rch said...

ha ha thanks and I just remembered a few more and added them too!!